The 22nd edition of the FIFA World Cup is just a couple of days away. Qatar is picked as the host nation for this 22nd edition of the FIFA World Cup. The majority of teams belonging to the west will have a new challenge to adapt their game to Asian playing conditions. Doha, the capital of the country, will host the most number of matches of the tournament. The two underdog teams, Portugal and Ghana, will meet in a group-stage encounter in the first week of the championship. So below given is the complete bureau about this high voltage match, including all the key elements.
About The FIFA World Cup 2022
The FIFA World Cup 2022 will commence on November 20 at the varied venues of the Middle Eastern nation of Qatar. In the 21st edition, which happened in the year 2018, France came out as the subjugator of the tournament. The Brazilian side had significant chances as a host nation for that championship, but they shattered all the hopes of their native supporters. So this time it will be interesting to see what kind of performance Qatar will deliver because the host Nations mostly stayed underrated in the previous editions of the Fifa World Cup.
Portugal Squad for FIFA World Cup 2022
Portugal’s squad has brilliant athletes accumulated, who can win the tournament single-handedly to their team. Below are all the names listed from the squad of Portugal, which is named for this FIFA World Cup edition.
- GK: Diogo Costa (Porto)
- GK: Rui Patrício (Roma)
- GK: Jose Sa (Wolves)
- DF: Joao Cancelo (Manchester City)
- DF: Diogo Dalot (Manchester United)
- DF: Nuno Mendes (PSG)
- DF: Ruben Dias (Manchester City)
- DF: Tiago Djalo (Lille)
- DF: Pepe (Porto)
- DF: Raphael Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund)
- DF: Danilo Pereira (PSG)
- MF: Joao Palhinha (Fulham)
- MF: Matheus Nunes (Wolves)
- MF: William Carvalho (Real Betis)
- MF: Ruben Neves (Wolves)
- MF: Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
- MF: Joao Mario (Benfica)
- MF: Bernardo Silva (Manchester City)
- MF: Vitinha (PSG)
- FW: Joao Felix (Atlético Madrid)
- FW: Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
- FW: Diogo Jota (Liverpool)
- FW: Pedro Neto (Wolves)
- FW: Rafa Silva (Benfica)
- FW: Rafael Leao (AC Milan)
- FW: Ricardo Horta (Braga).
Ghana Squad for FIFA World Cup 2022
Ghana is an underdog team which has the least chance of doing something substantial in this global football competition. But still its athletes have the talent and potential to turn the fate of their team.
- GK: Richard Ofori (Orlando Pirates)
- GK: Joe Wollacott (Swindon)
- GK: Abdul Manaf Nurudeen (Eupen)
- DF: Denis Odoi (Club Brugge)
- DF: Tariq Lamptey (Brighton)
- DF: Alidu Seidu (Clermont)
- DF: Joseph Aidoo (Celta Vigo)
- DF: Gideon Mensah (Bordeaux)
- DF: Daniel Amartey (Leicester)
- DF: Alexander Djiku (Strasbourg)
- DF: Abdul-Rahman Baba (Reading)
- DF: Mohammed Salisu (Southampton)
- DF: Stephan Ambrosius (Karlsruher)
- MF: Thomas Partey (Arsenal)
- MF: Iddrisu Baba (Real Mallorca)
- MF: Elisha Owusu (Gent)
- MF: Daniel-Kofi Kyereh (St Pauli)
- MF: Mohammed Kudus (Ajax)
- MF: Andre Ayew (Al Saad)
- MF: Osman Bukari (Nantes)
- MF: Kamaldeen Sulemana (Rennes)
- MF: Daniel Afriyie Barnieh (Hearts of Oak)
- MF: Ransford-Yeboah Konigsdorffer (Hamburg)
- MF: Antoine Semenyo (Bristol City)
- FW: Abdul Fatawu Issahaku (Sporting CP)
- FW: Jordan Ayew (Crystal Palace)
- FW: Felix Afena-Gyan (Roma)
- FW: Inaki Williams (Athletic Bilbao)
- FW: Benjamin Tetteh (Hull City).
Official Broadcasters In Portugal And Ghana
There are ample official broadcasters named by FIFA in both these countries, but not all serve complete entertainment packages to their subscribers. So below is a detail about two chief broadcasting platforms available in Portugal and Ghana for this FIFA World Cup season.
Sporting TV is one of the biggest official broadcasters named by FIFA in the entire European continent. It comes with a wholesome package of pre and post-match analysis along with versatile, relevant shows of the football. People residing in Portugal can subscribe to these channels to get the delight of the FIFA World Cup 2022.
TV3 Ghana is the official television station of Africa, engulfing the various nations of the continent. It was initially founded in Ghana which is the reason why major sports events of the world are shown only by this platform in Ghana. It is a completely free-to-watch service, so the people living in the country can anytime be hooked on to this network to watch the Football World Cup 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are almost 2 billion football lovers present in the country as per one latest survey, but not all have an idea about the key elements of the sport. So here are some of their top-picked queries, mainly regarding the streaming platforms reserved by FIFA in each country.
1. How to watch the football world cup 2022 in Ireland?
In Ireland Sky Sports and ESPN are the official broadcasters named by FIFA to stream the FIFA World Cup 2022.
2. Will Star Sports show the live matches of the football world cup 2022 in India?
No, Sports 18 is the broadcaster for this edition of the FIFA World Cup, and Star Sports will cater for the ICC T20 World Cup 2022.
3. Which channel will broadcast the FIFA World Cup in the United States of America?
In America, Fox Sports will live stream the matches from the football world cup 2022.
4. Which are the official broadcasting channels named to broadcast Football World Cup 2022 in New Zealand?
In New Zealand, Sky Sports and Sky Sports Now are the official broadcasting channels reserved by FIFA to cater for the live matches from FIFA World Cup 2022.